The Australian Society for Limnology is Australia’s major professional association for scientists and managers of inland waters. Membership is open to individuals or corporate bodies engaged in research, management, policy and teaching about inland waters. ASL actively encourages and supports the membership of postgraduate students, providing a number of initiatives for training and career development. There are members in every State, so join ASL and contribute to advancing Limnology in Australia.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Interaction, networking and mentoring from Australia’s leading water scientists and managers
- Subscription to the News, Events and Job Advertisement email alerts
- Access to the ASL mailing list to distribute information to members
- Receipt of the ASL Newsletter (e-copy)
- Reduced registration fees for the Annual Congress
- Participation in State workshops and seminar series
- Participation in postgraduate workshops
- Eligibility for student travel awards and prizes
- Participation in Science and Technology Australia (STA, formerly FASTS) as a collective voice to promote the advancement of science in Australia
Please note the online membership renewal is only valid for the 2017-18 year.
For a NEW membership or to RENEW, please click here .
If you need assistance renewing or you need confirmation of your status, please contact the ASL Secretariat at ASN Events or phone 03 8560 4391.
Once your renewal is complete you will be sent an updated password to the member section of the web.
Membership Subscription Rates valid to 30 June 2018
• Ordinary 1 Year Membership: $75.00
• Student 1 Year Membership: $35.00
• Ordinary 10-year Membership: $675.00
• Corporate Membership: $150.00
All memberships include an e-copy of the ASL Newsletter.
Full time students are eligible for ASL Student membership. Please select the student option in your online Currinda profile.
Part time students are NOT eligible for ASL Student membership if you are currently employed. The student rate assumes students are undergraduates or living on a scholarship. Do not select the student option in your profile.
Corporate Membership entitles an organisation to send two (2) employees to the annual ASL Congress at the discounted membership rate. Employees are not entitled to vote at the AGM. The quarterly newsletter will be sent to the primary email address.